24-bit/96K FireWire Recording Studio audio interface
Minimum computer system requirements
• OS: Microsoft Windows XP (Service Pack 1 only, Service Pack 2 not yet approved)
• Computer: Windows compatible computer with FireWire port.
• CPU/Clock: Pentium, Athlon with 900Mhz or higher (1.5GHz)
• Memory(RAM): 256 MB (512MB recommended)
• OS: MacOS X ver. 10.3.5
• Computer: Apple Macintosh series with on-board Firewire port.
• CPU/Clock: PowerPC G4/800Mhz or higher (G4/Dual 1 GHz recommended)
• Memory(RAM): 512 MB or more
• High-Speed FireWire Network Audio Interface
• Up to 96K Sampling Rate
• 8 Discrete Microphone Preamps (+60dB gain) w/ Trim Control
• 8 Analog Mic/Line Inputs, 2 Instrument Inputs
• 8 Analog Line Outputs
• S/PDIF Digital Input and Output, MIDI Input and Output
• Balanced Send / Return for Channels 1 and 2
• Zero Latency Monitoring
• Separate Main and Cue Mix Outputs
• FREE Cubase LE Audio Production Software Included
The FIREPOD FireWire recording hardware interface is equipped with eight high-quality PreSonus microphone preamplifiers, 24-bit/96K analog to digital conversion along with SPDIF and MIDI inputs and outputs .
The FIREPOD is loaded with eight custom-designed ultra low noise, high headroom microphone preamplifiers for recording a wide variety of sources including vocals, drums, guitars, bass, piano, keyboards, guitars, synths, horns, orchestras, choirs, and more. Eight potentiometers are on the front panel to easily control the input level of each preamplifier.
Inputs one and two of the FIREPOD can be switched between microphone or instrument level while inputs three thru eight can be switched between microphone or line input. Phantom power (+48V) is available on every channel in groups of four. Channels 1 and 2 feature fully balanced send and return TRS connectors on the rear of the rugged metal chassis for inserting outboard dynamics, EQ and effects processors. The FIREPOD has eight balanced TRS line outputs as well two balanced TRS MAIN outputs as well as CUE outputs for addtional monitoring.
The FIREPOD also includes stereo headphone output on the front panel, as well as mix control to balance monitoring levels between mixed input and main output signals for zero-latency monitoring. Two channels of SPDIF input and output and MIDI input and output are also included.
The FIREPOD comes ready-to-go with Steinberg's Cubase LE 48-track 24-bit/96K recording software, and is also compatible with many popular ASIO/WDM and Core Audio based applications.
FIREPOD HARDWARE SPECIFICATIONS
Presonus Audio Electronics, Inc.
7257 Florida Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806 -Usa
Toll Free: 800-750-0323
PreSonus International Distributors
advanced technologic sound magazine