Cakewalk Sonar 5
Producer adn Studio editions for Windows
Native 64-bit digital audio workstation .
Minimum: Windows XP
Recommended: Windows XP/x64 (Required to run native 64-bit version of Sonar 5)
Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz
AMD Athlon XP 1500+
Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz+
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
Hard Disk Space :
Minimum: 100 MB
Recommended: Multiple GBs
Hard Disk Type:
Recommended: EIDI/Ultra DMA (7200 RPM) or SCSI Hard Drive
Graphics (resolution, color depth):
Minimum:1024 X 768, 16-bit color
Recommended: 1280 X 960, 24-bit color or higher.
MIDI Interface Windows compatible (Required to connect to external MIDI devices)
Sound Card Windows compatible (Required for audio playback)
Minimum: Windows compatible
Recommended: WDM or ASIO compatible
(complete list of recommended audio cards)
SONAR 5 does not support Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, or 2000.
DVD-ROM required to install SONAR 5 Producer Edition.
QuickTime support requires QuickTime 6 or higher.
Sonar 5 Producer edition
Version 5 adds more instruments, more effects, and powerful editing tools including Roland V-Vocal VariPhrase technology. These features are complemented by a double precision floating point engine that delivers great increases in dynamic range. In addition, SONAR 5 introduces advances in RAM and native processing power on systems running Windows XP x64 Edition.
SONAR 5 is the first native 64-bit digital audio workstation on the market. SONAR 5 ships as both a 32-bit and 64-bit application, and the 64-bit double precision floating point engine is accessible in both applications. SONAR 5 sees a 20-30% performance gain when installed in a 64-bit PC using Intel EM64T and AMD64 processor and Windows XP x64 Edition. In addition, Intel EM64T and AMD64 based systems can access up to 128 GB of RAM that opens up new worlds when using samplers and audio loops.
A primary barrier to making the leap to the 64-bit environment has been the lack of plug-ins available. SONAR 5’s BitBridge sweeps aside any resistance by enabling the use of 32-bit VST effects and instruments in SONAR’s 64-bit environment. BitBridge technology extends the viability and use of your favorite VST plug-ins; ensures future compatibility of freeware, even for the most obscure, independently developed shareware plug-ins.
SONAR 5 Producer Console
* NEWPSYN II subtractive synth, Pentagon I vintage analog synth, Roland GrooveSynth , SFZ SoundFont sampler, RXP REX Player groove box
* Additional instruments include TTS-1 , Cyclone , and DreamStation
* NEWPerfect Space Convolution Reverb
* Additional effects include Lexicon Pantheon Reverb, Sonitus:fx Suite (10 effects), many more
* NEWUpdated MIDI FX plug-ins
* NEWIntegrated inline audio and MIDI editing, arranging, and mixing all in one view
* NEWEnvelope automation drawing enhanced with tempo-sync patterns, freehand, more
* NEWObject-oriented clip-based effects and editing including per-clip effects bin, clip-based effect automation, and more
* NEWBitBridge enables 32-bit VST effects and instruments in SONAR’s 64-bit environment
* NEWRemove DC offset during recording
* Dynamic Console View with per-channel EQ and assignable FX controls
* Freeze for tracks, effects, and synthsunloads plug-ins, frees RAM, frozen audio is editable, Quick Unfreeze allows for toggling, more
* SurroundBridge use your favorite stereo effect plug-ins in surround
* NEWAdvanced step recording
* Edit and print traditional staff notation
* Professional Project File Management Tools: manage large projects effectively with Navigator Pane and Track Folders; per project audio directories; consolidate project files for fast backup; search for associated files; more
* NEWVideo output to 1394 FireWire devices for high quality viewing with lower CPU and disk usage
* Sync to and send SMPTE/MTC for scoring external video
* OMFI & Broadcast Wave import/export for collaboration with Digital Performer, Logic, Nuendo, and Pro Tools studios
* Import formats: AIF, ASF, AU, AVI (with stereo or 5.1 audio), Broadcast Wave, MIDI, MP2, MP3, MPEG, MPG, OMFI, QuickTime 6, SND, WAV (including 32-bit float files), Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA), WMA9 Pro 5.1, WMA9 lossless, Windows Media Video, proprietary Cakewalk formats (.bun, .cwb, .cwp, .wrk)
* Export: WAV (including 32-bit float files), ACID -format WAV, Broadcast Wave, AVI (with stereo or 5.1 audio), OMFI, MIDI, MP3 (30-day trial encoder), QuickTime 6, Windows Media Audio 9 (WMA), WMA9 Pro 5.1, WMA9 lossless, Windows Media Video (with stereo or 5.1 audio), and proprietary Cakewalk formats (.cwb, .cwp); other audio formats supported via external command line encoders
Sonar 5 Studio edition
Designed for project studios and aspiring professionals, SONAR 5 Studio Edition is built upon the same core engine and feature set of SONAR 5 Producer Edition offering a complete solution for recording, arranging, editing, and mixing your audio productions. Below is a matrix highlighting some of the differences.
Cakewalk - 51 Melcher Street - Boston, MA 02210 Usa- Phone (617) 423-9004
Selected wordwide contacts:
advanced technologic sound magazine