Virtual instrument, a software recreation of the trumpet, saxophone, and trombone
BRASS can be used as a Stand-alone software or as a plug-in within your software sequencer program.
Brass video trailer
by Christian Laffitte (O) , (O) ,(O) ,(O) ,(O) ,(O) ,
by Jean-Michel BLANCHET (O) ,
Windows: Windows 98 SE/2000/XP
Mac OS X: MAC OS X 10.2 or higher
Required Minimum Configuration:
PC/ Windows: 256 MB RAM; 1.5 GHz CPU
MAC OS X: 256 MB RAM; 1.5 GHz CPU
BRASS is based on a new kind of physical modeling technology. Arturia has partnered with IRCAM a world-renowned institute based in Paris All of the characteristics of the real instruments have been analyzed and modeled through extensive research at IRCAM,
How do you play the instruments?
You can use BRASS as a virtual instrument and program your sound track in your favorite sequencer. Since all the main formats are supported, you will not have to worry about compatibility.
You can attach a MIDI keyboard for those who are more at ease playing the music directly. Real time controls such as foot pedals, breath controllers, and other physical interfaces will give your arrangement that extra punch
With three instruments at your disposal, you can pick one and start playing. BRASS also contains an extensive performance-based riff library which is entirely configurable and expandable. Organized by styles, these riffs are a good way to get started if you are not used to programming a horn. They can even be triggered during live performances.
Yo can choose, create, import and modify riffs to match your needs or play the modeled instruments directly in LIVE mode with a keyboard and other real-time controls; .
* Virtual instrument playable through a MIDI keyboard
* Three instruments available : Trumpet, Saxophone, Trombone
* 8 parameters to control the instruments in real time :
o Pitch (for legatos, falls or expressivity)
o Timbre of the instruments
o Noise amount in the instrument sound
o Position of the instrument toward the microphone
o Mute (for trumpet and trombone)
* Total midi control of each parameter through powerful settings, control sense and hardness
* Independent automatization of each parameter via a dedicated control window
* Configuration of the instruments : 4 attack and 4 vibrato types, material, humanization
* More than 500 riff presets in all music styles
* Easy and fast searching of riffs with the preset explorer
* Up to 4 simultaneous instruments in a riff
* Editable length, tempo and tune of each riff
* Riff editing with the zoomable pianoroll and independent parameter editing
* Powerful editing options : solo, mute, 8 drawing tools
* Import and export riff presets from and to midifiles
* Live playing of several riffs with the keyboard
* Chorus mode for all instruments, up to 4 instruments unison section
* Spatialization of the instruments in a configurable room
Arturia - 1, rue de la Gare - 38950 Saint Martin le Vinoux - FRANCE
Tel: +33 (0)4 38 02 05 55 - Fax: +33 (0)4 38 02 05 25
advanced technologic sound magazine