This red-hot synth advances the Virus Classic Line to the full specs of the Virus b, packed with polyphony, fx, output and knobs.
The heart of the reborn Virus is a Virus b Desktop and it comes with a couple of welcome additions. The mahogany side panels can be exchanged for the included 19" rack mounts and the user manual is redesigned and bilingual.
The screaming red color scheme was adopted from the Virus rack Classic. In addition the factory presets come as a hand optimized best of collection chosen from the extensive archive of Virus sounds available.
* 32 knobs
* 62 LEDs
* Wooden side panels and 19" rack ears (exchangeable)
* External power supply
* Dimensions: 470 x 185 x 75 mm
* weight net. = 2.85, weight incl. packaging = 4.6 kg
* 24 Voices/ 16 way multi mode
* 1024 programs ( 256 User / 768 ROM / 128 Multi)
* 4 oscillators per voice. 3 main plus one sub ( when all oscillators are in use, polyphony may decrease, but not by more than 6 voices.)
* Sawtooth, variable pulse, sine, triangle + 62 additional spectral waves
* FM ( Frequency modulation) for the Oscillators with external Input signals
* 2 fully independent filters each user selectable as lowpass, highpass, bandpass or bandreject
* 4 filter routings in serial/parallel configurations
* up to 6 poles ( 36 dB) per voice
* 3 LFOs ( 68 LFO shapes)
* Envelope operating mode and LFO- tempo-sync to midi clock
* 2 ADSTR envelopes ( T=Time)
* 16 independent arpeggiators with numerous arpeggiator patterns and real time parameter access/modulation including swing & note length.
* 82 simultaneous DSP effects like:
-Reverb ( w. pre-delay sync to MIDI-clock)
-Retro Phaser ( 6-stage stereo phaser with 24 filter-poles
-Multiple independent distortion/saturation/Lo-fi FX per voice, including multiple distortion/shaper characteristics and variable gain.
-Chorus/Flanger with rate sync to midi tempo
-Simple or "Groove" Delay ( preset polyrhythmic patterns)
-32-band advanced vocoder
-Analog Boost for true vintage tonal characteristics
* Complex modulation matrix with 3 source & 6 destination slots
* Complete parameter control via MIDI with "Adaptive Control Smoothing" for ultra soft parameter changes and no zipper noise
* Full 24-bit processing; 24 bit D/A, 18 bit A/D
* 6 individual high quality outputs
* 2 audio inputs to process your signals through synth filters, envelopes, FX, vocoder, FM, ring modulator, and more
* Flexible "auxiliary" model of internal audio routing for processing/reprocessing internal/external signals through the synth engine and and effects of other voices
* True Surround sound capabilities
* Free SoundDiver Virus editor/librarian for Windows and MacOS
* Easy operating system updates via MIDI